Thursday, March 26, 2015

questions

Hello, readers! (Or those of you that just happened upon this little corner of the web.) What's shakin'?

There's a lot of new stuff here -- new house, new projects, new opportunities, possibly a new look/feel/name/host to this blog, too. Pull up a chair, grab a beverage and help me think through this, will ya?

How many of you would be affected if I change the name of this blog? Would you still be able to find me? Does it matter? 

This blog is currently hosted on Blogger, a Google platform. I'm hearing and seeing all sorts of nifty stuff with Wordpress these days, though. If I go to a new name, should I switch to a new, and possibly more user friendly, platform too?


With the popularity of microblogging sites like Facebook and Instagram and Twitter, do I need a real blog any more? (I obviously haven't been updating this site so we probably have an answer to that question without having to break a sweat.) Should I concentrate on those aforementioned sites and delete this blog? If you had an option to see more of my artwork here, would you visit more often?  Conversely, if I put more effort here and not on the other sites, would that be better?

Suffice it to say, the overall design of this site will be going through some major overhaul. It's going shopping for a new wardrobe, getting some nips and tucks here and there, some dynamic photos will be flying in, and generally adopting some more zing. If I keep it. Because, hey, if I keep it, it definitely needs some updating! 

One more thing, what if I have some art to sell, would you want it here or on Etsy? Would it be worth it to have a link to, say, an Etsy shop, or would you want the ability to purchase some mixed media goodness here?

And that, my friends, is the name of the game these days. Mixed media. Yep. Over the past two years I have grown in to a mixed media artist in addition to my normal professional gig, motherhood, sister, daughter, friend, etc. I want to jump in to the art pool with both feet and fully submerge myself in paint and glue and pens and all sorts of assemblage materials. In my own studio.

There. I put it out in the universe so let's make it happen, shall we?

My own mixed media studio.

Whee! :-)

No comments: