Friday, January 28, 2011

A snow day

On Thursday, January 27th the mid-Atlantic got hit with another snow storm. It brought rush hour traffic to a stand still, brought down trees, crippled the power grids, shut down schools and businesses, and left between 8 and 10 inches of snow on the ground in its wake.

Here is what I saw that morning:


Snow, schmow! I was still in Florida and taking full advantage of my remaining hours of sunshine and sand! So while my friends and family were shoveling driveways and sidewalks and hoping for the power to come back on, I was walking along the beach in Naples. Sand between the toes and everything.






You can see it was a gorgeous day. With a plane to catch in just a few hours though, I had to soak up as much of that gorgeousness and quickly. A quick walk on the beach (10 minutes judging from the parking meter), a quick stroll through Old Naples, a drive back to the hotel to grab my bags, lunch by the pond, and then off to the airport. It was speedy.


This was the view from my last hotel room. Yes, that picture above. This is here so you don't think that every room had a super duper fantastic view. (Although Barnes & Noble there in the distance is really not a bad thing to look at!) 



Better than the hotel view, this was the lunch view. Shrimp at Hemingway's, yummy. Dning al fresco with a water view, super sweet! Being in Florida during a snow day at home, priceless!  

As a stark contrast, here is what greeted me this morning as I walked in to work: 


The picture looks cloudy because it was snowing. Again.

The toes are now in boots instead of sand. And it's still snowing.

No comments: