Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowmageddon II

FINALLY! The snow finally stopped falling from the sky around 4:30 or so this afternoon. Yippee! I still can't find a yardstick to measure the total accumulation in the yard but, suffice it to say, it's a LOT!

Let's back up a smidge and take a look at the 1:00 pm images:
The snow was still coming down hard. We would shovel for 30 minutes only to turn around and see the ground with a fluffy layer of white stuff covering it again. *Sigh.*

This is the first time we made it to the sidewalk in front of the house. We worked sooo hard to get to this point and I'm bummed that the depth doesn't really show here. Drat! But can you see the mailbox? It's on the right side of the driveway and seriously buried.

 
Remember my neighbor's green truck from earlier? All you can see now is a tiny green sliver just to right of center. I don't think he's going anywhere in that truck any time soon. 
And now...drumroll, please...we present the 5:00 pm pictures: 

The light at the end of the tunnel - litterally! You can actually see where the winter storm ends in the cloud definition. It was teee-frickin-rific to see the sunlight and realize that all the shoveling was actually [finally] working. Yee haw! That is a shovel's-width of sidewalk between our house and the neighbor's. And sunlight might as well be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!  

It was hard to tell how deep the snow was in photos, so I took this:
 
That's my waffle weave sweater and sweatpants. The snow is well over my knees and heading up to mid-thigh. Yowser! 


I referenced the mailbox a couple times today and now I was finally close enough to get a good shot of it. Again - yowser! That's a LOT of snow! 


When I finally got near the end of the driveway I was able to get a glimpse up the street. A truck was stuck (see the headlights?) and a neighbor was walking in the middle of the street. You can kinda get an idea of how much snow we had by the cars in the street. (Yes, those are cars!)  We still haven't seen a snow plow, but hopefully they will visit tomorrow. Hopefully. 


The front of our house with snow in piles and piles and piles! 

Whew! I finished shoveling the driveway, took pictures and then quickly slumped back in to the house. I. Am. Tired. Shoveling is hard work! I know there will be more tomorrow as soon as the street gets plowed so I'm counting on some good sleep tonight. (Hear that, sheep? COUNTING on a good night's sleep? Ha ha.)

No comments: