Thursday, April 22, 2010

I won!

Holy cannoli, Turkeys. Remember the last post when I said you wouldn't see me this week if I won the lottery? Remember?

What? Oh, OK. I'll pause while you go back and re-read. 

*whistling*

Welcome back.

Remember the last post when I said you wouldn't see me this week if I won the lottery? Well, I lied. Flat out lied. L. I. E. D.  Lied. 

"Wait. Does that mean you won?" you ask.

HECK YEAH! I was up late last night and thought to check the winning numbers shortly after the 11pm drawing. You can imagine the whooping and hollering and general hysteria that ensued. WOO HOO! YIPPEE! Oh, what a time!

Even though it was after 11pm there was no chance for sleep. What happens first? What is the priority purchase? Do I get another car? Who do I take on The Vacation? Where should we go? How soon can I quit the job? Does the Turkey go to school tomorrow? Should I laminate the winning ticket so nothing happens to it? Would the lamination render it void? What percentage gets donated? Does this winning get a blog mention? Do I sign the ticket now or wait? When should we move? Is the chicken in the fridge still good? What color will the new furniture be? Should I call and wake him/her/them up with the news or wait? What percentage of the winning is invested and how?

I am certain there were many more thoughts that just didn't survive the night. The overarching thoughts are still how best to spend the money and when. It's just so exciting and a little bit overwhelming. little bit

Huh? What's that? You want to know how much I won?

Um. Well, I guess I could tell you. I didn't have to sign a confidentiality clause or anything. Just make sure to hold on to your hat because this is a shocker.

Ready?

Here goes.... 

I won $4. Yep. Four buck-a-roos! Yee haw!

Needless to say, I'm still at work and still driving the same car and The Vacation is a long way off. But do let me know where you want to go and maybe we'll get there some day.

I just need to win the lottery first. :-)

No comments: